The talks in Istanbul between Russia and Ukraine showed the complete failure and inconsistency of the actions of the Russian side.
And if at the beginning of the negotiation process Russia demanded from Ukraine “denazification”, “demilitarization”, recognition of the Russian language as the second state language and put forward even more impossible demands, then after the counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine near Kiev and Kharkov, Russia’s demands are simply ridiculous:
- Refusal to join any military bloc or alliance
- Neutral status
- Abandonment of nuclear weapons development
- Refusal to resolve the issue of Crimea by military means
The head of the Ukrainian negotiating delegation David Arahamiya in an interview with RBC-Ukraine journalists said:
I specifically preserved the original positions, they gave us these ultimatums and the surrender agreement – I have preserved it for the museum of the history of our victory.I have this copy lying around waiting in the wings.
After NATO refused to close the skies over Ukraine, it seems that the Ukrainians themselves are not very eager to join NATO.
The neutral status of Ukraine was discussed at the 2nd stage of negotiations.
The refusal of hostilities in the Crimea by Ukraine is postponed for 15 years. Well, in 15 years, as Khoja Nasreddin said, either the Shah or the Ishak will die.
Separately, the status of the ORDLO (LDNR) will be discussed and in this regard, the Ukrainian side has a lot of work to do both diplomatically and militarily.
The army of Ukraine showed brilliant successes fighting with an enemy with a significant advantage in manpower and equipment.
It seems that the “Special Operation in the Donbas”, and in fact the war with Ukraine is coming to a logical end: the defeat of Russia in achieving its goals.
The intermediate result of the war for Ukraine is as follows:
- Several million refugees
- Destroyed cities
- Civilians killed, including children
- Destroyed infrastructure
- Extensive combat experience of the Armed Forces of Ukraine
- Strengthening the political position of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky
- Assistance from Western countries
For Russia, everything is much worse:
- More than 15,000 killed Russian soldiers (according to the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine)
- More than 20,000 wounded (according to NATO analysts)
- Dubious success of ‘Special Operation’
- A Shattered Economy
- Russia’s Political and Economic Isolation
‘Brilliant strategist’ and ‘Great Geopolitician’ Putin again ‘outplayed everyone’.
And these negotiations are actually Putin’s receipt of defeat.